Sunday 5 May 2013

Cupcake Five

Buttermilk we meet again! This time I got the best of it, being the seasoned pro I am at making a buttermilk substitute lol! All in all not a bad recipe...but I am starting to lose interest in chocolate cupcakes already, for all you men out there yes this happens! Chocolate isn't the answer to all women's problems! But I seem to be the only one in my house eating the cupcakes and most have been chocolate so far. But try these cupcakes on for size (my tummy is sure gonna grow in size!) and let me know what you think!

Sis's Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting

Ingredients...
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 heaping Tbsp cocoa
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla

In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda in room-temperature buttermilk. In a saucepan, melt butter and cocoa together at a low temperature. When smooth, add water. In a separate bowl, sift together sugar, flour, and salt. Add cocoa mixture and egg and mix at low speed. Add buttermilk mixture and vanilla and beat until smooth. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Icing...
- 1 stick butter
- 5 heaping Tbsp cocoa
- 1 lb icing sugar (so.much.sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk

In a saucepan, melt butter at low temperature. In a separate bowl, mix together cocoa and sugar. Add melted butter, vanilla, and milk and beat at low speed until mixed. Frost cupcakes generously (duh...of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and stories about the challenges as you take them along side me!

Please comment below and I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can! :)