Tuesday 7 May 2013

Towel Cake

I took a break from cupcakes to make a "cake"...a towel cake. With Mother's Day approaching we did a craft night to make a personal gift for the special women in our life :) Just a few towels and some spa accessories to add onto your cake and its a cute personal gift! Follow these super easy instructions on how to roll the towels into a cake. Instead of folding it three times we folded ours in half twice to make it a taller, less fat cake. For a decorative touch we added pins to hold the rolls together instead of elastic and more pins to hold the layers together.

Front of my Towel Cake

Ingredients...
- 2 bath towels
- 2 hand towels
- 2 face cloths
-a bunch of pins

Roll the towels up following the instructional video...pin towel rolls safely in place.

Icing...
- spa themed things to attach to cake
- chocolate, perfect for every woman
- hair accessories (pinned on the very top)
- candles (one the back, not in picture)

Pin spa toppings onto cake, tuck into towels or hot glue to plate to keep everything intact during transport.




Everyones finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and stories about the challenges as you take them along side me!

Please comment below and I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can! :)