Wednesday 8 May 2013

Cupcake Seven

This cupcake sounds delicious and tastes just swell as well. I love raspberry jam but any jam you like could easily be substituted into this recipe. Pictures to follow when cooled and iced

Lemon Cupcakes with Jam Filling 

Ingredients...
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- lemon zest

Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in flour mixture and buttermilk alternatively. Mix in lemon juice and zest. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.

Filling and Topping...
- Raspberry Jam
- Whipped Cream
- berries

After cupcakes have cooled use a small knife to cut a cone-shaped segment from the top of the cupcake. Trim off the bottom, fill the hole with jame and cover with remainder. Top with whipped cream and berries

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and stories about the challenges as you take them along side me!

Please comment below and I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can! :)