Tuesday 14 May 2013

Cupcake Thirteen

I made a half batch of these since the thought of figs kinda grossed me out and I am not going to lie I didn't try a single one...I took them to work and guilted others into eating them (which turned out not to be that hard). But since I never actually tried these if someone does, let me know what you think of them!

Sour Cream Fig Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients...
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- fig jam or preserves

Mix flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar on medium until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add vanilla and egg. Stir in sour cream. Add flour mixture. Fill cupcake liners 1/3 full. Place a spoonful of fig jam in the centre. Cover with butter, bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Icing...
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 lb confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix ingredients together by hand. Once blended, whip with an electric mixer until fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and stories about the challenges as you take them along side me!

Please comment below and I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can! :)