Friday 10 May 2013

Cupcake Nine

Mango cupcakes...just weird to me. Cupcakes are supposed to be chocolate or vanilla or banana and covered in sprinkles...but mangoes! It just isn't right, well as it turns out it is so right!


Mango Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting

Ingredients...
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/ 4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mango pulp
- 1/4 cup water

Mix all ingredients together. Beat with electric mixer until well-blended. Bake at 350F for 2 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. 

Icing...
- 1 stick room temperature butter
- 2 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- dash of almond extract

Beat butter until smooth and creamy. Add sugar, milk, vanilla, and almond extract and beat until spreadable consistency. Add additional sugar if needed. Frost cupcakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and stories about the challenges as you take them along side me!

Please comment below and I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can! :)