Monday 6 May 2013

Cupcake Six

These could be my favourite cupcakes ever! They are way better than any other banana cupcake or muffin I have ever made and the maple syrup in the icing is just amazing. So if you choose to only make one cupcake from this cupcake challenge choose these (so far anyways!). If you like them let me know (seriously...comment...its just down below!).

Banana Cupcakes with Maple Brown Butter Frosting

Ingredients...
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup buttermilk

In a small bowl, combine bananas and lemon juice. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternatively while mixing. Beat in bananas and mix until well blended. Bake at 275F for one hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. After removing from oven, place in freezer for a half hour.

Icing...
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup

In a saucepan, melt butter at medium temperature until golden brown. In a bowl add butter to sugar, then add milk and syrup. Beat until smooth. Top with pecans and a sprinkle of cinnamon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and stories about the challenges as you take them along side me!

Please comment below and I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can! :)